When it comes to making holiday treats I’m all about the easy and simple ways to making them. We love salty sweet over here if you haven’t noticed… and if you love the salty sweet simple ways of desserts your going to love this recipe. I have tons of bark recipes I share and each one is a little bit different. I love all the variations so be sure to check them out by searching my blog with bark.
This one is almost exact to my Christmas crack recipe I shared last year except this time I used some pretzels we had on hand. My goal with sharing the different ways is to show you that you can practically use whatever you have one hand to make them. Let’s your toppings go wild and have fun with them. So let’s get to making this yummy pretzel bark.
- 4 C mini pretzels
- 3/4 C butter
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 1 C red and pink M&M’s
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line your baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place your pretzels in a double layer along the pan. You can break pieces to fill gaps if needed.
- Put your butter and brown sugar in a pan. Heat until melted and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 3-5 minutes but don’t stir it. You can swirl your pan if you notice it’s clumping you.
- Pour your homemade caramel on top of your pretzels. Using a spatula spread the caramel evenly across your crackers. It will seep through the holes and cracks but try to get all the way to the edges.
- Put your pan of pretzels and caramel into the oven for about 5 minutes to set the caramel.
- During this time place your M&M’s into a ziplock back and smash them up. If you have smaller ones don’t smash up to much.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat your chocolate chips. Start with 45 seconds and then stir. Heat in 30 second increments and stirring in between until fully melted. I add a tad of butter to help mine spread easier.
- Pour your white chocolate chips over your pretzels and spread. Then sprinkle your mashed up M&M’s over top. Mash them in a little so they hold when you cut up your bark.
- Place it back in the oven for about 5 minutes to melt/soften your chocolate chips and to melt in your M&M’s.
- Remove and let your pan cool. Then place it in your fridge to allow it to cool and set. About half an hour or so.
- Once it’s done setting it will be hard. Now the fun part… start breaking it apart or cut it to the size of the pieces you want.
And that’s it. It’s really pretty simple to make but ohh so good. My kids absolutely love it! And it’s even kid friendly to make if you want to toss in different toppings or colored chocolate chips.
Don’t forget to subscribe to know when I share more easy and delicious recipes.
Until next time! Live a life you love
I’ve connected with some amazing friends who are sharing recipes today so make sure you go check out their blogs and what they are sharing!