When it comes to winter time and Christmas season one of my favorite holiday festivities is egg nog. I could down an entire carton in one sitting if I allowed myself. I seriously love it so much. My husband isn’t a fan of it so I never had to share before. But our four boys have all decided that they love it just as much as I do. So I knew I needed to get creative and create some fun ways for us to enjoy it. Make sure to check out my egg on hot chocolate recipe if you are an eggnog lover!
So onto this very easy recipe that your absolutely going to love! Just make sure to not over cook them.
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 6 oz salted butter,at room temperature
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- *optional substitute 1/8 of the nutmeg with cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. For more browned cookies use 350. Place a parchment paper on your cookie sheet
- In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and nutmeg).
- In a large bowl using your electric mixer combine the sugar and butter. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients (egg yolk, vanilla and eggnog) and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until blended. Add more eggnog 1tsp at a time if too thick
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with additional nutmeg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bottoms turn light brown.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool. Enjoy!
I hope you really enjoyed this recipe as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you. It seriously soooo good and definitely worthy of leaving out for Santa or gifting or serving at Christmas dinner.
Until next time, Live a life you love!