When it comes to cooking dinner I’m always trying to create the easiest, fastest but also delicious meals I can. As a family of 6, I can’t get away with not planning at least not well. So when I’m in a rush or a pinch I easily can turn to this meal. Everyone in my home loves it and so do I.
It’s really easy to make if you have an insta pot. But if you don’t you can still make it. It will just require some extra steps. Boiling your chicken in a pot of water will also work and that’s what I used to do before I had an instapot. It just takes a little more planning ahead.
So without further .. ado? Is that how it’s said. Anyways onward with this easy Insta pot chicken bbq sliders.
- 2lbs Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Bottle of bbq sauce
- 1 cup water
- Pack of Hawaiian rolls (or loaf of bread)
- 1 cup Shredded cheese (optional)
- Put your chicken into your insta pot and add your 1 cup of water.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes (45 if frozen) and quick release.
- Drain the water out (or save for a broth for a later meal)
- Using two forks shred your chicken. It will shred insanely fast so no need to use a mixer or anything fancy.
- Once completely shredded add about 3/4 your bottle of BBQ sauce and mix up.
- If adding the optional shredded cheese add that now and mix until well blended.
- Using a bread knife cut your bread rolls in half to take the top layer off. (If using sandwich bread then just fill like a taco and lime along a plate, then serve)
- Fill with your mixture and place the top bread back on.
- Cut your sliders apart. Serve and enjoy. They taste yummy with a ranch dipping also.
I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe and it becomes a staple for you. I’m currently working on creating a Capsule menu plan that will guide you to creating a simple routine to planning dinners that will also include some of our favorite and simple meals that we love. So be sure to check back often for it. I promise it will be worth it!
If you loved this recipe then you should go check out what chicken recipes my friends are sharing below…
Until next time live a live you love!