It’s back to school time… well almost back to school time for us. We our on our 2nd year of homeschool which means I have to prep for all the things… school, food and ohh my! But thankfully I’m a prep type person for the most part. I always trying to make I got my first couple of weeks covered with food ideas. Today pizza share…. Because what kid doesn’t love pizza! Is a super simple homemade mini pizzas with very few ingredients that only takes minutes to make.
For us because we homeschool I actually made a bunch a head of time and froze them before I cooked them. So I can just pull them out the day of and let them thaw for a bit and then toss into our toaster oven.
My boys absolutely love them and they can be picky when it comes to pizza type things so if my boys love them then I’m sure everyone’s kids will love them. So let’s hop onto the how to!
- English muffins (6 pack)
- Pizza sauce (1 jar)
- Pepperoni (normal or mini size)
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Cut your English muffins in half. This will give you 12 pizzas if your using a 6 pack of English muffins. I like to lay all mine out in a cutting board so I can do the next steps all at once.
- Scoop a spoonful of pizza sauce onto each slice and spread out. If your freezing them I like to add extra sauce since some will absorb into the English muffin.
- Sprinkle your shredded mozzarella cheese on your pizza. You want enough to cover the sauce and come close to the edges.
- Layer your pepperonis on next. If your using the regular size I use about 3 and create a type of triangle. If your using the minis… I like to place one in the center and then 6 around the sides. if your kids don’t like pepperoni then just omit this part.
- Place your pizzas in your toaster oven or oven for about 15 mins at 250. You don’t want to heat them to fast or your cheese will melt over the sides and the oils from your pepperoni will make an oil mess from your cheese. Slow and steady wins the pizza race!
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Now if your like me and you homeschool or even want to be prepped for after school snacks that take no time to prep. Then do steps 1-4 (everything but the cooking) and then freeze your pizzas.
I personally can fit 12 pizzas which is 6 English muffins in one freezer bag. I use reusable freezer bags and place parchment between each layer. (FYI you can wash and reuse frozen parchment paper if your on an eco friendly path like me)
To cook from frozen:
- Take from your freezer and pop into your oven or toaster oven at 250 degrees and keep an eye on it. I say keep an eye on it because freezers have different freeze degrees and ovens have different level of each degree temp.
- My kids like ours golden brown in the cheese with the toppings being nice and warm.
- Let rest to a temp your kids can enjoy from and then serve.
I told you they are really easy to make. And they are super good too! You can any toppings your children like too. Or even let them build their own for a fun after school or homeschool activity. Scroll down to come make it with me on tik tok… in fast paced of course.
Until next time live a life you love!
I’ve connected with some amazing ladies to bring your some more back to school content. Be sure to go and check them out!
Megan // Back To School Essentials
Kourtnie // Let’s Talk Printing, Binding and Laminators