Have you ever wondered how clean your laundry is really getting? Then your in the right place because I like me some clean laundry just like I like me some clean eating and ingredients. Stripping your laundry is kinda like doing a really long load of laundry with some added ingredients and the hottest water you can get. When you strip your laundry your going to be extremely surprised by the amount yuck that comes out of them. It will be left behind in your tub for you to see.
If your wondering why you strip your laundry it’s because sometimes things build in your fabric. Things like laundry soap, bacteria, body oil, odors, stains and fabric softener. So by stripping it these things will be release from your fabric.
My top things I like to strip are
- Husbands work clothes
- Cloth diapers
- Dish towels
But you could very well strip anything you’d like. I don’t think it’s really harmful to any laundry. And is also a good thing to do when you buy fabric that’s second hand. You are thoroughly cleaning out any funk that might come along with them.
So let’s get to the recipe I use to strip my laundry. Which is 4 ingredients because I make a lot of my own cleaning products.
- 1/4 cup Washing Soda (my DIY recipe)
- 1/4 cup Borax (in the laundry aisle)
- 1-2 scoops Laundry soap (my DIY recipe)
- 1 cup enzymes (my DIY citrus enzyme recipe)
- Fill your tub about half way with the hottest water you can. If it doesn’t get real hot then you can boil some on stove and pour it in.
- Dump in all the ingredients and mix up
- Ad you laundry you plan to strip and swirl and push down until fully soaked and covered.
- Every 30 minutes go in and mix around the laundry.
- After the water cools ring out the laundry and transfer to your washer using a bin with out holes.
- Wash in your washer like normal with out adding any laundry soap.
I hope you enjoy stripping your laundry. It’s oddly satisfying to see how much funk you can get out of them. If you love this recipe the. Be sure to check out others I share on my blog. I have lots of DIY cleaning recipes since I don’t use store bought.
Until next time live a life you love!