Today my oldest son told me he was going to miss dressing up for school!
As like many parents around the world we have decided to unenroll our children and homeschool them. Possibly forever if it goes smoothly. With that being our new normal there are going to be things my kids are going to miss and be a little sad about. Since they are used to a brick and mortar public school setting.
So after he told me that I decided that I needed to bring some of their old normal into their new normal and put together this list of national holidays in April that i think would make for really cute themed days. Do I plan to do them all…. heck no. Thats to much work.
But having a list I can easily see and click on (all holidays are linked to the national holiday blog for that specific event) allows us to be able to do a fun something anytime we want. For instance Sept 1st is national no rhyme or reason day. It would be to make up silly rhymes with my kiddos just for fun.
September National Days
- National Labor Day – First Monday in September
- National Ants on a Log Day – Second Tuesday in September
- National School Picture Day – Second Thursday in September
- National Kids Take Over The Kitchen Day
- National Grandparent’s Day – Sunday after Labor Day
- Elephant Appreciation Day
- National Ice Cream Cone Day
- National White Chocolate Day
- Autumnal Equinox – Changes AnnuallySeptember 22, 2020
- National Quesadilla Day (Dia de la Quesadilla) *
- National Comic Book Day
- National BRAVE DAY– Fourth Friday in September
- National Pancake Day
- National Hunting and Fishing Day– Fourth Saturday in September
- National Ghost Hunting Day– Last Saturday in September
- National Good Neighbor Day(Used to be on 4th Sunday)
- National Family Day – Fourth Monday in September
I plan to put together a new one for each month including all my favorite national days that would be cute to incorporate into our home school days. if you’d like to follow along and get access to when those lists go live just sign up and join my tribe at the bottom of this page.
You also get to gain access to my free resource library!
Live a life you love,
Other posts you might be interested in: