As of lately I’ve been on a fun kick of making all kinds of desserts for my kids. They love them and I love making them for them. I love to use what we have on hand and if I’m being honest we still have Halloween colored Oreos. So I knew I needed to make something using our Oreos we had before that. My kids will do cookies and milk any day but love a variety of cookies. So yes we have some Oreos stills hanging around before the holidays. Don’t worry they are in a nice cookie jar to keep them fresh.
So to use up some of our Oreos I decided little mini pie tarts with an Oreo crust was in order. Especially for national pie day that’s coming up and I couldn’t wait to use my heart shaped muffin tin and silicone liners I found at dollar tree. Go snag yourself some now before they sell out for the holiday.
This recipe is to make 6 muffin pie tarts so if you want to make more be sure to double or triple it. 6 was good for us since I have 3 kids that will be enjoying it. I’m currently doing keto so no treats for me from this one. But don’t worry I plan to share some keto approved desserts soon. But for now let’s keto to this no bake Oreo pie tart that’s bound to be a major hit!
- 12 Oreos (for crust)
- 2 Oreos (topping)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional for topping)
- Process the 12 oreos in a food processor until a fine crumb. In a bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter.
- Press this mixture evenly into a lined muffin tin going up on the sides just a little. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
*I found my heart tin and silicone liners at dollar tree but here are some cute one on amazon you can use.
- In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat again.
- . Spoon into your muffin tins until filled to the top. Don’t over fill.
- In your food processor process the two remaining cookies and cover the top.
- Add sprinkles and freeze for about 30 minutes to harden the entire pie back up.
I hope you enjoyed making this yummy dessert and you and your littles love it. it pairs well with a nice glass of milk. If you wouldn’t mind sharing this I’d be forever grateful. Be sure to check back often to know when I have more yummy recipes to share with you.
Until next time Live a life you love!