Green Eggs + Shamrocks
This is exactly like it sounds. If you ever baked egg omelets then just proceed how you normally would just add food coloring to the egg mixture. If you haven’t then keep reading… This is also kid friendly. You can let them put their own ingredients into the muffin tins and help mix it up. Littles love this!
Green food coloring
Bread or green apple for stem
Omelette ingredients (ham, cheese, sweet peppers, bacon bits, etc)
1. Turn oven on to 350 degrees
2. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and add omelet ingredients (not eggs yet)
3. In a separate bowl scramble eggs. I estimated 1 egg per muffin spot. I used 2 muffin tins with 6 spots each. So I did 12 eggs.
4. Add milk if desired (will need to bake longer)
5. Add green food coloring (can add different colors for different holidays)
6. Add egg mixture into muffin tins not to the top… just below it.
7. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 mins. Check to make sure it’s cooked throughly (no soggy tops)
8. Take out and let cool for about 5 mins. Use a butter knife to loosen along the edges.
9. Display on your plate. I did 3 to create the shamrock look. I cut a piece of bread to be used as the stem. You can also use a a green apple. (My kids prefer the apple)
Do you have any favorite St Patrick’s Day recipes? Did you try this one? If so comment below and tell me all about it!
Until next time… Live a life you love!