It’s February which means it the season for all things pink, red and hearts and I’m always here for it. My kids are too, especially when it comes to fun festive food. So of course I had to turn one off their favorite treats into something cute for them. Cinnamon roll hearts… which was a lot easier than it might look.
I used store bought cinnamon rolls but you could easily make this with a homemade from scratch version too. It’s really just about reshaping the rolled up part of the cinnamon roll into a heart before you bake it.
So let’s get to the simple items needed and directions so you can whip this up for your kiddos this love season.
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Red food coloring
- Start by lining your baking pan with parchment paper. This will make clean up 100 times easier after you’re done decorating them. *Tip: ball your parchment up before placing it on your pan to keep it from rolling up
- Open up your cinnamon rolls and one by reshape them into hearts. I just unrolled it and then rolled it up to match the other side
- Bake according to the directions that come with your cinnamon rolls.
- While they are baking you will want to mix your icing and some red food coloring by placing your icing into a small ziplock bag and adding one or two drops of red food coloring and mixing it up inside the bag.
- Once your cinnamon rolls are done, take them out and allow them to cool for 5 or 10 mins.
- Snip off the bottom corner of your icing bag and use the bag for “piping” your icing across your cinnamon rolls.
- Top with sprinkles before your icing sets.
- Serve and enjoy!
I told you it was super easy! Below I’m going to share some photos of the steps with you so you can see exactly how I rolled up mine to get the heart shape. They will expand so don’t stress to much about gaps.
I hope you and your littles enjoy these and enjoy them for all the valentines to come. If you share them on any of your social channels be sure to tag me. I’d love to see them!
Instagram: @mama_bear_wooten | Facebook: @mama.bear.wooten
Until next time, live a life you love!
Other Valentines Day posts you might enjoy…