I don’t know about you but I am just in awe of all the boho rainbows. I don’t know what it is about them but they just have my heart. It’s like a new age magical rainbow but toned down to my adult minimalism vibes. So today as I was making my littles some cinnamon rolls I decided to make them a little fun. At Patrick’s day is coming up and we all know at Patrick’s day is all about rainbows and pots of gold. So I just had to make them.
Now instead of going very colorful like a st pattys day rainbow normally is I wanted to keep the tones more muted. Which is also easier to do using food coloring. Trying to get bright shades can sometimes be a bit tricky. And my earthy tone heart was not disappointed in the colors.
I started out with one bowl and mixed my first lighter color and then spread it on the top layer. And after I was done I added some more colors to make it a little darker and spread it and then again for the last rainbow. I think I may have went a little to heavy on my last dark color but I still love how it turned out.
These would make for fun treats for a birthday breakfast or even first day of spring so I might make them again and play around with more tones. These are really really simple to make. The longest process is mixing and putting on the icing. So let’s get to this simple but cute treat for your littles. Or even just yourself!
- Pack of Cinnamon rolls
- Food coloring
- Open and take out your rolls. Using a knife cut them right down the center.
- Place each half circle on your baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart. You’ll want to leave enough room for them to expand.
- Place your glaze in a bowl and add a tiny pot of red and orange food coloring to get more of like a tan than a pink tone.
- Spread along the longest roll of the rainbows.
- Mix a little more red and purple (if you have some) to darken up the tones and spread along your second part of your rainbow.
- Mix a teeny tiny bit of black to darken it up even more and then finish your last section.
These are what they look like coming right out of the oven. Nice and fluffy and the perfect boho cinnamon roll rainbow.
I hope you enjoy making these with or for your littles. They are sure to love them. And have fun with the colors the options are endless!
Thank you for stopping by!
Until next time, live a life you love!