This holiday season you can catch me making all the things. Especially if they are super easy and quick. I mean a recipe that takes about 20 mins if right up my alley. Especially if the ingredient list is just as simple. So today I’m sharing a recipe I learned before I had kids and it is literally so good. I think I was originally taught to use just butter but have been making it with homemade caramel and it is so delicious!
If you love caramel you should check out my homemade version that’s perfect for toppings or to use in my salted caramel hot cocoa recipe. But don’t use it in this recipe. It doesn’t get hard enough when cooled. It’s more for a syrup or topping.
Homemade Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa
I love that it is not only super easy to make. But it also make a really delicious gift. Place it in a metal tin or something cute and tada you have yourself an edible gift that everyone will love. It’s also so easy that your little can help and you don’t even have to work about a huge mess.
So onto this 4 ingredient Christmas crack recipe that everyone will love!
- 1 pack saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line your baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place your crackers in an even layer along the pan. You can break pieces to fill gaps to small for a whole piece.
- Put your butter and brown sugar in a pan. Heat until melted and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 3-5 minutes but don’t stir it. You can swirl your pan if you notice it’s clumping you.
- Pour your homemade caramel on top of your crackers. Using a spatula the caramel evenly across the crackers. It will seep through the holes and cracks so don’t stress taking it to the edge of all the crackers.
- Put your pan of crackers and caramel into the oven for about 5 minutes to set the caramel.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle your chocolate chips evenly across the crackers.
- Place it back in the oven for about 5 minutes to melt/soften your chocolate chips. Keep an eye on it to not burn your chocolate chips.
- Once your chocolate chips are soft and beginning to start melting remove the pan. Using your spatula spread your chocolate chips to cover all your crackers to the edge.
- Once your pan has cooled place it in your fridge to allow it to cool and set. About half an hour or so.
- Once it’s done setting it will be hard. Now the fun part… start breaking it apart to the size of the pieces you want.
I hope you have a blast making this and really enjoy it. It is seriously so good… and don’t be afraid to add fun topping to it also!
Until next time, Live a life you love!
If you love quick and easy recipes you should definitely check out my friends and what they are sharing too. So many delicious options.
Real Mom Tribe // Blog | Instagram
Kimmy Manzo // Blog | Instagram
Our Robin’s Nest // Blog | Instagram