I’m not even going to pretend like winter isn’t all about hot cocoa. I mean the the reason for the drink. So I decided to share a combined love my family has for hot chocolate and eggnog into one drink. It’s seriously so delicious you’ll catch yourself making it the entire time eggnog is in season and then stocking up right before the season ends.
This pairs really good with my homemade cookies recipe. So if your all about the eggnog life you need to check it out and get eggnog wasted!
Now onto this mouthwatering eggnog hot cocoa recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips
- ground nutmeg, optional
- whipped cream for topping
- In a medium saucepan stir together eggnog, milk, vanilla and white chocolate chips
- Over medium heat cook, until the white chocolate chips melt. Stirring occasionally. Bring it to a simmer (DO NOT let boil) continue stirring until fully heated through and all Chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Top with whip cream and sprinkle on ground nutmeg. Enjoy!
I hope you and your family enjoyed this eggnog hot cocoa recipe. And if so comment below and tell me all about it! I’m always up for chatting eggnog with a fellow lover!
Until next time, Live a life you love.